Sarasota County Area Transit
About Our Job
New pay rate of $18/hour + we provide the training AND reimburse you for both your CDL Permit and CDL License with Air Brake and Passenger endorsements. We provide the training onsite, in real SCAT buses! Learn to drive with (6) weeks paid training, 40 hours/week.
“US News & World Report: Sarasota is No. 1 in Florida and No. 9 in the country for best place to live."
We need YOU to help create wonderful experiences for residents and vacationing guests navigating Sarasota.
- Welcome and interact with passengers.
- Focus on the safety of our guests throughout our beautiful County.
- Be "in the know" about other routes and schedules.
- Enjoy being "outside" with the comfort of air-conditioning on all buses.
- Join a dedicated high-performing County team.
- A High School Diploma, or its equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Florida Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class "B" with passenger and air-brake endorsement or a Florida Driver's License
- Customer Service Experience
May at times have to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
About Everything Else
Work Hours: Our operating times are 4:30 AM - 11:00 PM
- Actual schedules will vary.
- Drivers typically work all mornings or all evenings.
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days.
- Drivers may be expected to work any combination of hours from 4:00 AM to 11:30 PM, 7 days a week.
- Punctuality and flexibility are required.
Pay: $18.00/hour, up to $21.15 if you hold a current CDL and have 4 or more years of transit driving experience.
Employee Type: Regular (Budgeted)
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement System (FRS) and many, many more!
- For more information about employee benefits visit SCGov.net.
- Utilize our award-winning wellness program including free gyms and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- Enjoy 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing accrual rates with years of service. (That adds up to a possible 30 days off in your 1st year!)
A different blend of voices prompt better conversations, choices and results for everyone. Sarasota County – Many Voices, One Team.
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are the keys to serving, representing and understanding our community. We celebrate and value the experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, talents and strengths that make us different and are committed to creating a culture of understanding and respect where our employees realize that we are stronger together.
Our vision is to have a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that attracts, develops, retains and engages a talented workforce broadly representative of the citizens and communities we serve. To further value creativity, innovation, collaboration and great customer service – internally and externally.
Sarasota County Government promotes diversity and inclusion in its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification or expression, genetic information, religion, national origin, marital status, age or disability. A job applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to participate in the application/selection process is requested to make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources or appropriate county staff members. For assistance with the application, please call 941-861-5353.
Government employers are drug-free and tobacco-free environments, EEO/AA/ADA employers, and they prohibit discrimination in all services, programs or activities.
Sarasota County Government is a Tobacco-Free/Drug-Free Workplace.